Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Nightvision

  Do you know what lingers in the dark? I do! Big scary monsters that want to eat my toes. I can hear them as they walk around the house. Every night Mommy and Daddy tuck me into bed. Daddy always makes sure that they aren't any monsters under my bed.
  One night Mommy went to turn my night light on, but it wouldn't turn on. How am I suppose to sleep without a night light? Daddy went to look for a new light bulb, but he came back holding green goggles.
" These goggles will give you night vision."
" Whats that?"
" These goggles will help you be able to see in the dark."
"Gimme"
I put on the goggles as Mommy and Daddy turned off my light and left the room. I could see! I could see in the dark! I hopped out of bed to see for a fact that there weren't any monsters. First I looked under the bed, that's said to be their favorite hiding spot. Next was the toy box you never know what could be hiding in there. The coast was clear not a monster in sight. I grabbed Mr. Snuggles and got into bed. The monsters won't get me this time.

  

1 comment:

  1. The image you posted made me think of the lodge at Disney's Animal Kingdom, where you're supposed to be able to see giraffes and other animals roaming from the windows of your hotel room. What a clever parenting trick using the goggles to quell fears. It reminds me of the sunglasses Adam Sandler puts on "Frankenstein" in the movie Big Daddy so he isn't nervous on his first day in a new school. : )

    ReplyDelete