Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Futures Out There

1 year. I see myself drinking a hot coffee, in my dorm room hanging out with my room mate trying to fight off a cold Nebraska winter.

5 years. I will be somewhere in this country working an internship at a church. Even though I will be  a "poor college  student" I will still have a good looking wardrobe. The apartment I will be living in will be small but have a homey feeling to it. There will most likely be mismatched plates in the cabinet, an old futon in the living room and an old dining room table. 

10 years. By now I will have settled into a long term job, married and maybe a couple of kids. No idea as to  what state I will be living in. My house will be a good size and there will be a hammock in the back yard.  I will still have my beloved red car. My pets will be a small dog and cat. The dinging room table from my old apartment will still be in good use. My family will spend the summers camping.   

50 years. Unfortunately I will have gray hair and be a saggy old lady. But I will be very hip, the " cool old lady". I will have retired by then and be living in a house in South Carolina. Every Tuesday I will go to the beach to enjoy the sun from sunrise to sunset. My house will be full of pictures and cats, but only like 3 cats. I want to be the hip old lady not the crazy cat lady. My days will be filled with something new everyday.   

1 comment:

  1. I love that you will continue using your tried and true dishes and car and furniture rather than casting those off for the next new thing. I love the idea of mismatched plates in the cabinets and a hammock in the backyard. I also love that you will make a snazzy wardrobe a priority regardless. : )

    ReplyDelete