Monday, February 9, 2015

Old Dog New Tricks

“One can’t really learn after one is twenty five”. Anyone can learn anything at any age. I personally think it only depends on if the person has the willingness to learn
                Many people were born before the time of cellphones and internet. I’m pretty sure I get asked by my mom at least once a week how to do something with her phone or the computer. I show her and then she totally forgets. I think older people don’t really want to learn how to use newer technology because they didn’t grow up with it.
                I also think people wouldn’t want to go back to school because of the tests and grading system. Last semester I was a teacher mentored in an A.P US History class and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the class because I just got to listen to the teacher. I didn’t have to worry about making sure I got all the notes down or worrying if what the teacher said was going to be on the test. That may be a reason why people like to watch documentaries, they get to learn without feeling stressed.
                In the work place a lot of people have to relearn how to do their job. For example each year before school starts teachers have to go to professional development training. There they learn how to teach new ways of teaching. Not only do the students get taught but the teachers do too.
                I believe that anyone can learn anything at any age. A lot of people well in their job go back to college to get a higher degree. There is not only school learning but there are also life lessons. Life lessons are one thing we will never stop learning.

                Talking about bad dreams can give them “too much power”. Your thoughts become your actions. When you let your thoughts get you down then you start acting down. Think about it, how does a bad day start out? In the morning one bad thing happens. That bad thing can be the starter of a bad day. You wake up and you can’t get your hair the way you want it to look. Then you’re very upset about that. That’s the only thought you have had all day and that is a bad thought. You keep dwelling on that thought and it just keeps leading to bad things. We could all fix our bad days by not focusing on that one bad thing that happened.

  

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right that if we're doing it right, we continually learn at least a little something every day of our lives. If you like just listening in a class to learn with no pressure, you can audit classes in college. They won't count for credit but some people just do it for the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete