Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow day.

I jolt awake, oh my gosh I over slept, I think looking at the clock as it blinks 8:30. Running I put my clothes on brush my teeth and hurry down stairs. While waiting for my toast my mom walks in.
“Mom! Why didn’t you wake me up I’m going to be late to school!” She starts laughing while looking at what I’m wearing, “I guess you didn’t take a look out the window this morning.”  “Wait, what, does this mean what I think it means?” “Yes you have a snow day!’ Woo hoo! A whole extra day to do whatever I want, this day shall not go wasted.
After finishing breakfast and fixing the way I look I planned out the perfect snow day.
1.       Go sledding at the Old Man’s hill. Said to be the best hill in town.
2.       Come home for lunch, hopefully chicken noodle soup.
3.       Snow ball fight
4.       Build a snow fort
My phone buzzes with a text from my best friend Alex, he says meet him at Old Man’s Hill in twenty. I grab my sled put on my snow gear and head over to the hill. The hill is covered in the perfect blanket of snow. Some people where leaving just as I pulled up and left a really nice sledding trail. Alex is already on the hill getting ready to use his Snow Racer 2000.    ‘ Hey man”,” Hey” “Let’s do this’. I hop on my sled give it a little push and bam! I’m fly down the hill wind in my face and no control of the sled, I can barely see as the snow keeps getting in my eyes.
Once we got tuckered out from all the sledding we headed back to my house. My mom made chicken noodle soup for us. Yes! ‘Alex text Jessica, Ryan, Steve and Michelle for the snow ball fight’. “Okay everyone says they’re in.
We all meet down the street in the open filed. Alex, Jessica and I were on a team, Ryan, Steve and Michelle on the other. “ On the count of three,1, 2, thr.. the snow balls start flying. Alex stayed behind to make the snow balls while Jessica and I showed no mercy to Ryan and Michelle. No one ended up w inning but we still all had a good time.

Everyone stayed to help build the snow fort it ended up looking like an igloo. We all sat in the igloo drinking hot chocolate, it was the perfect end to the best snow day.

   

2 comments:

  1. I love that feeling of a whole unexpected day to myself...to be lazy or productive or whatever I want. I'd go for a couple more snow days this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to sit in an igloo and drink hot chocolate. The best thing on a snow day is getting up and actually making use of it.

    ReplyDelete