Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Famous First and Last Line

"It is truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife".

Pride and Prejudice was written by Jane Austen. Austen was born on December 16, 1775 and died on July 18, 1817. She lived her life as part of a close knit family in England. 

The story is about sisters that are ready to get married. Luckily for them two new men have moved into town. Men of very high status. The oldest sister finds a liking in one of these men. The other sister and the other gentleman tend to but heads.

This book sounds like a very good read. I think I would like it because of the romance, drama, and the high class life. I like that the book is a satire, but I am afraid I wouldn't understand the humor because of the old English.     

1 comment:

  1. I've actually read this and enjoyed it a lot. The old English did take some getting used too but if you read carefully its not difficult to work out. The story is entertaining and Elizabeth is quite witty, I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete